May 9, 2013
This summer Whistler Blackcomb is unveiling new products and services, including an interpretive experience for the world-record breaking PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola as well summer themed Alpine Wonder Routes to aid in the discovery of the mountains’ expansive summer lift system and trail networks for hikers and sightseers.
April 22, 2013
For the fifth year in a row Whistler Blackcomb is proud to be named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
April 16, 2013
While the World Ski & Snowboard Festival is in full swing on the mountain, anticipation is building among dirt lovers as the Whistler Mountain Bike Park’s opening day is fast approaching on May 17. As of today, mountain bikers can get one pedal stroke closer to riding, jumping, flowing or pumping down their favourite trail as Early Bird Triple Play Cards, Twilight Triple Play Passes and a limited number of specially priced Early Bird Season Passes go on sale
April 11, 2013
Warmer temperatures, longer days, sun-soaked patios, soft corn snow, and pristine terrain parks are just part of what makes spring such an amazing time at Whistler Blackcomb. While Whistler Mountain closes on April 21, the good times continue with Blackcomb Mountain extending skiing and riding until May 27.
April 5, 2013
– With incredible spring skiing conditions and almost two full months left in their winter season Whistler Blackcomb is holding a BC Residents Appreciation Day with lift ticket, lesson and rental discounts.
April 1, 2013
– This spring, Whistler Blackcomb announces the return of the lowest price guarantee on Unlimited Season Passes and EDGE Cards for the 2013-2014 winter season, if purchased by May 6, 2013.
March 19, 2013
– Nintendo, TELUS, GORE-TEX® Products, Quiksilver and GMC were awarded top honors in Whistler Blackcomb’s Partner Marketing Awards held in December 2012. Categories included: Most Innovative Activation, Best Bang for Your Buck, Best Employee Engagement, Best Integration of Athletes and Best Whistler Blackcomb Foundation Activation.
March 12, 2013
- This spring, Whistler Blackcomb announces the return of the lowest price guarantee on Unlimited Season Passes and EDGE Cards for the 2013-2014 winter season, if purchased by May 6, 2013.
February 27, 2013
– Whistler Blackcomb’s “You Name It” competition has officially come to a close and the new high-speed quad chair in the Crystal Zone on Blackcomb Mountain will be named the Crystal Ridge Express.
February 26, 2013
Canada’s longest running snowboard competition, the Showcase Showdown presented by Burton, returns to Whistler Blackcomb for the 16th consecutive year March 2, 2013.The Showdown will feature a “Night of the Living Shred” big air contest where snowboarders will compete for a total of $5000 cash, plus prizes from Spy, Sandbox, DAKINE, and Skullcandy.
February 12, 2013
British Columbia’s first official Family Day holiday has proven to be all Whistler Blackcomb hoped for with 85,000 skiers and snowboarders taking advantage of British Columbia’s new long weekend from Friday, February 8 to Monday, February 11, 2013.
February 11, 2013
Whistler Blackcomb has expanded its Snow School offerings this season with the addition of the “Ski with an Olympian” program. The program is Whistler Blackcomb Snow School’s most elite product and offers guests the opportunity to hear stories, get tips, and spend time on the mountain with an Olympic athlete as their own personal guide.
February 8, 2013
Whistler Blackcomb may be best known for its great snow, massive size and inspiring alpine views but in order to run a world class resort, it has to attract the best employees and foster an engaging work environment. Whistler Blackcomb’s commitment to its employees has garnered recognition, being named one of B.C.’s Top 50 Employers of 2013 by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
February 4, 2013
Whether celebrating BC Family Day or Chinese New Year, Whistler Blackcomb is kicking off B.C.’s first ever long weekend in February by offering 50 per cent off full day lift tickets for B.C. residents on Monday, February 11. Proof of residency is required.
January 30, 2013
Whistler Blackcomb will be installing two new lifts next season; a six passenger lift which will directly replace Harmony Express, and a new high-speed quad which will be located in the Crystal Zone of Blackcomb Mountain. Today Whistler Blackcomb has launched the “You Name It” competition, and will be taking suggestions from guests for a name that’s as awesome as the Crystal Zone’s pillowy glades and playful cruisers
January 22, 2013
Pemberton-based professional photographer, Russell Dalby was crowned the 2013 “King of Storms” on Saturday night at the 7th Annual ARC’TERYX Deep Winter Photo Challenge, presented by GORE-TEX®. This was the first time the Ontario native had competed in the competition and he brought with him a fresh perspective.
January 18, 2013
Whistler Blackcomb has unveiled capital plans for a major lift expansion. Whistler Mountain’s Harmony high-speed, quad chairlift will be replaced with a new Doppelmayr high-speed, detachable, six-pack chairlift capable of transporting six people on each chair. Blackcomb Mountain will see a lift enhancement with a high-speed quad chairlift going into a new area in the Crystal Zone, currently accessed by a fixed-grip triple chair.