The annual resort rankings are in and Whistler Blackcomb is proud to be the recipient of four “best overall” awards and 12 “category wins”. These consistent results continue to position Whistler Blackcomb as one of the leading ski resorts in the world and a must-visit destination on every traveller’s bucket list.
“Our success is credited to our prime geographical location which results in great snow and an incredible variety of terrain, but what really makes the difference is our people,” says Stuart Rempel, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Whistler Blackcomb. “Our staff strives every day to provide the best and most memorable experiences to all of our guests and these awards are proof of that effort. We constantly aim to improve our physical assets as we respect our natural environment. The addition of the Crystal Ridge Express and the Harmony 6 Express chairs this winter will heighten the guest experience by moving people around the mountain more efficiently to their favorite zones. We’re confident these expansions, along with our focus on guest service, will allow us to remain at the top.”
Whistler Blackcomb Awards and Rankings 2013.2014
- Freeskier Magazine
- SBC Resort Guide
- Best Overall Northwest Region, Onthesnow.com
- 2013 Ski Club of Great Britain: Highest Net Promoter Score in the world.
- #1 Landmark In Canada, Trip Advisor, Traveller’s Choice Awards
- Best Gondola View in North America, Liftopia.com
- One of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, CAN
- Top 25 Ski Resorts in the World, Snowaddiction.org
- Best Winter Destination, Georgia Straight, Best of Vancouver 2013
- Best Weekend Getaway, Georgia Straight, Beat of Vancouver 2013
- Best Terrain in the West, SBC Resort Guide
- Best Parks in the West, SBC Resort Guide
- Best Terrain in Northwest Region, Onthesnow.com
- Top 5 Canadian Resorts, Huffington Post
- Best Après, SKI Magazine
- Best Ski Resorts for Powder, Telegraph UK
- Best Nightlife, Freeskier Magazine
- Best Nightlife in Northwest Region, Onthesnow.com
- Best Nightlife Overall, Onthesnow.com
- Best Nightlife, TransWorld SNOWboarding
- No.2 Lodging , SKI Magazine
- No.2 Terrain Variety, SKI Magazine
- No.2 Off-Hill Activities, SKI Magazine
- No.2 Best on a Powder Day, Freeskier Magazine
- No.2 Best Apres. Freeskier Magazine
- No.2 Best Steeps, Freeskier Magazine
- No.3 Top Resorts, TransWorld SNOWboarding
- No.4 Dining, SKI Magazine
- No.4 Digital Presence, SKI Magazine
- No.5 Best Parks, TransWorld SNOWboarding
- No.5 Lifts, SKI Magazine
- No.5 Top Lifts to Lap – Peak Express, Freeskier Magazine
Whistler Blackcomb is scheduled to officially open for the winter season on Thursday, November 28.
Guests looking to plan a trip can save up to 39 per cent on ski and stay packages by taking advantage of the our Early Booking Offer until November 15, 2013. Visit whistlerblackcomb.com/deals_packages or call 1-888-403-4727 for details.
About Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb, the official alpine skiing venue for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, is situated in the Resort Municipality of Whistler located in the Coast Mountains of British Columbia 125 kilometres (78 miles) from Vancouver, British Columbia. North America’s premier four season mountain resort, Whistler and Blackcomb are two side-by-side mountains which combined offer over 200 marked runs, 8,171 acres of terrain, 16 alpine bowls, three glaciers, receives on average over 1,174 centimetres (462 inches) of snow annually, and one of the longest ski seasons in North America. In the summer, Whistler Blackcomb offers a variety of activities, including hiking and biking trails, the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, and sightseeing on the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola.
For more information, visit http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/media
Proud to be a venue for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Media Notes: Whistler Blackcomb is pleased to provide high resolution photographs available for editorial use, downloadable at the following link: http://portal.whistlerblackcomb.com/media
Please credit – Photographer Listed, Location: Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia.