Got three days? We’ll give you countless ways to experience Whistler Blackcomb this winter. But whether it’s GORE-TEX and bath robes or lift tickets and live music, we’ll leave the specifics up to you. In the meantime, we’ve got a few ideas to get you started.
Consistently rated as North America’s No. 1 resort, Whistler Blackcomb is proud to be presented with the highest resort rankings amongst other ski destinations.
2014.15 SKI Magazine Results Whistler Blackcomb Achieved:
- Overall Resort
- Terrain Variety
- Off-Hill Activities
- Terrain Variety
With a mile-high vertical, a top elevation that lets you breathe easy, and much more Whistler Blackcomb stands above the rest.
Whistler Blackcomb Vital Stats
More Skiable Terrain than any other resort in North America.
- 2 side by side mountains
- 200+ trails
- 1,609 metres/5,280 feet
- Average Annual snowfall of 11.64 metres (that’s over 38.2 feet!)
- The most lifts of any resort in North America with 37.
- A pedestrian-only village directly at the foot of the slopes.
- Specifically dedicated family zones and children’s on-mountain play areas.
- A ski season that stretches from November to May, as well as summer glacier skiing.
- Whistler Heli-Skiing offers an additional 432,000 acres of helicopter accessed high alpine terrain.
You want reliable snow, year over year, and consistent snowfall throughout the season, to be assured of a ski experience that delivers the goods.
When it comes to what really matters, count on Whistler Blackcomb’s snow advantage.
More than a gondola, the PEAK 2 PEAK is innovation on a different scale entirely and it transforms the way you ski Whistler Blackcomb. Spanning the distance between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola is a 4.4-kilometre/2.7mile, 11-minute journey to infinite possibilities. By connecting the high alpine terrain of both mountains, it changes the way you ski Whistler Blackcomb. It allows you to transfer mountains and ski the best terrain on both mountains the same day. Ski the Peak of Whistler in the morning then 7th Heaven on Blackcomb in the afternoon.
- World’s longest unsupported span for a lift of this kind at 3.024km/1.88miles
- World’s highest lift of its kind at 436m/1,427ft above the valley floor.
- World’s longest continuous lift system: Connecting 2 high speed chair lifts and 1 gondola.