HOUSE Office hours:
10am - 6pm daily
(closed on statutory holidays)
To be eligible for Whistler/Blackcomb staff housing during winter months you need to be offered a full time position with the company or approved returning staff. You need to obtain a job prior to moving in with HOUSE. Please contact the recruitment department at 604.938.7557, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or check current postings for all job opportunities.
All house residents must be Whistler Blackcomb employees.
- A damage deposit of $215 and the first 30 days user fee are required at check-in. HOUSE only accepts a credit card payment for the damage deposit. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Credit card and debit card can be used for other payments. Sorry, NO personal cheques. Once working for the mountain rent will come off your paycheck every two weeks.
- We have a minimum stay of 2 weeks. We reserve the right to withhold any money paid for the initial 2 week period if a resident checks out or is asked to leave during this time..
- Individuals who are unsuccessful at finding employment with Whistler Blackcomb, second season staff members and those who are not making full-time hours may be asked to leave HOUSE in order to create room for Whistler Blackcomb first season, full-time employees. If occupancy permits, HOUSE will accommodate as many individuals as possible as long as all first season, full-time employees who need housing have been accommodated.
Can I move into House before I start work with Whistler Blackcomb?
You have to have been offered, and accepted, a full time job with Whistler Blackcomb to live in House during the winter season. Once you have accepted your full time job, you are able to move into House. You can find out about job opportunities here .
In the summer months, we open up to the public. Generally this is from May until September. Start dates for public rentals depend on occupancy levels and availability. House is available on a first come, first served basis in the summer months. We do not take advanced reservations.
What type of room will I be assigned?
You can check out all our different room types, In the Locations section down the page. All of our apartments are shared, with the option of either a shared or single bedroom in the unit.
In the winter season, you can email email@example.com once you have completed the online registration. Due to the volume of requests we receive, you will not get a response. We do our best to accommodate all preferences and roommate requests. We do not take advanced room requests in the summer months.
What are the perks of living in Whistler Blackcomb staff housing?
Besides our 14 night minimum stay, we have no leases, and you are free to check out at any time. We have a 24 hour on call maintenance team, as well as a cleaning team that make sure each unit is fully cleaned and ready before you move in at the start of the season. Our office is open 7 days a week, to answer all your questions, and help with any issues that may arise. On every level of each building, you will find a House Advisor. These individuals are on call overnight, to deal with lockouts, noise complaints, or anything that arises after the office closes at 6:00pm. You will be living with our Whistler Blackcomb employees, who are here to make the most of their season, and have an awesome winter!
What happens when I am ready to move out?
We have a 14 night minimum stay. After this point, residents can leave at any time. We ask that all residents clean and vacuum their rooms, and then bring all their linen to the office. Checking out at the office takes about 10-15 minutes. We are open from 10:00am until 6:00pm, and closed all stat holidays, so please plan accordingly. Your damage deposit takes 7-14 days to be returned to the credit card on file. We will make sure we have the right card details at check out.
If you have overpaid your rent, that is refunded at check out. If you owe any rent, we will take payment at check out. If you leave House with outstanding rent, this will affect your employment eligibility with Whistler Blackcomb.
Did you know …?
- Between the hours of 10:00am and 6:00pm you can borrow vacuums, mops and cleaning supplies from the front office
- There are vending machines located in the common lounge in Building 1, across from the office. As well as the lounges in Building 7, Brio & Westside
- There are 2 computers with free internet located in the common lounge, across from the office
- There are bike washes located outside Building’s 1, 5 & 6 at Glacier, as well as outside of Brio and Westside
- In the winter season, there is a wax room accessible to Glacier residents, on the outside of Building 2
- The Springs building (Employee Services) also has a wax room available to all Whistler Blackcomb employees
- House has a Facebook page, to keep all residents up to date on events, and what’s going on at House. Check it out at www.facebook.com/wbhouse
2015 Summer Rates
Currently 2015 summer rates are unavailable online. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or call 604-938-7500
House Summer Rental Conditions
- All residents must pay a $215 damage deposit and first 30 days user fees to move in.
- The damage deposit must be paid on credit card – NO EXCEPTIONS –The damage deposit will be debited off the credit card at check-in and refunded back onto this card 7 – 14 days after check-out.
- The 30 day user fees can be paid by cash, debit or credit card. We do not accept personal cheques of any kind.
- The first two weeks user fees are non-refundable.
- If a waitlist for accommodation is in use, the following order is given as preference as beds become available: fulltime Whistler Blackcomb staff, part-time WB staff, WB volunteers, non-employees.
- All units are equipped with a lounge, bathroom and kitchen except for Bluevault building units with 3 single bedrooms. These units contain a bathroom, kitchenette and no lounge.
- There are no single rooms in Brio or Westside.
- Linen packages consisting of a pillow, pillowcase, 2 sheets, towel, mattress protector blanket are included in your user fees. They are given out at check-in and must be returned upon check-out.
- Smart cards are used to do laundry in our facilities provided on the first floor of each building. The cost is $5.00 to purchase a card and credit can then be bought from the reload machine located outside the office. There is also a reload machine in Brio and Westside.
- All rooms are subject to availability
2015.16 Winter Rates
Currently 2015.16 wummer rates are unavailable online. Please contact email@example.com for more information. Or call 604-938-7500
- All of our apartments and houses are fully furnished.
- Linen. A towel, pillow, pillow case, mattress cover, flat sheet, fitted sheet and blanket.
- Cable is included at the Glacier, Brio, and Westside locations.
- Each unit is equipped with a phone jack and/or payphones are available for use in each building. Phone service is not included in units. A TELUS account can be set up at the expense of the resident.
- Hydro (power utility cost) is included at all our residences as well as in the Valley Houses.
- Glacier, Brio, and Westside have laundry facilities.
- All buildings have a lounge with full cooking facilities for all to use.
- All buildings, except Valley Houses, have a common room with cooking facilities and TV's for general resident use.
What Will Cost You Extra
- Parking. If you have a vehicle you must purchase a parking pass and have valid insurance. Parking passes during the winter will cost $25 per month or $100 for the season and are valid from October 1, 2013 - May 31, 2014. Summer parking rates are the same and run from June 1 - September 31, 2014. Please note that there is no free parking at HOUSE. If you have a guest come to visit, you must ensure they purchase a valid parking pass from a ticket dispenser or they will get a ticket and/or get towed!
- Cable. The cost of cable is included in your fees, but we do not supply televisions. If you wish to watch TV in your unit, you must purchase your own TV.
- Utensils. Almost all of our units have the basic utensils and cooking supplies left in them from previous years.
- Telephones and services are not included in any of our units. It will be the responsibility of the person(s) residing in the unit to call TELUS at 1.888.811.2323 to arrange an account. You must be 19 years of age to receive the billing in your name. If you are not 19 years of age, it is up to you to arrange a guardian or person of age to take responsibility for billing purposes. Be aware that cash deposits can be up to $300 so it would be useful to have a credit card.
- Internet wireless is currently available at Glacier, Brio and Westside. Search out the BASE wireless signal from there it will direct you to their website and you will be able to set up an account. TELUS offers service, however it is up to the resident to set up and maintain individual agreements/contracts with TELUS.
The people who stay in Whistler Blackcomb HOUSE are here to experience all that Whistler has to offer whilst living on a budget. We have a minimum stay of 2 weeks but our residents usually stay for a lot longer. We offer various locations in the Whistler area.
Glacier Park, located near Base II on Blackcomb Mountain, is perfectly situated for mountain access via the Blackcomb Gondola. We offer 5 buildings consisting of 3 different types of units. Each apartment holds 3 to 4 people. Single rooms are available in Glacier Park, subject to availability.
Brio is located just on the outskirts of the Village, approximately a 5 minute walk into town via the Valley Trail. We offer 1 and 2 bedroom units holding 2 or 4 people respectively. There are no single rooms in Brio. All units are shared.
Located a couple of kilometres south of Whistler Creekside, Westside is our newest building. Westside units contain spacious living rooms, dining areas and balconies. The closest bus stop is steps from the front door. Whistler Creekside offers a grocery store, various retail and rental stores, restaurants and 2 pubs. Uploading at Whistler Mountain is just 5 minutes away from Westside. This building is a mix of 1 and 2 bedroom units, similar to Brio, holding 2 and 4 people respectively. All units are shared.
Programs and Guidlines
To make your stay in HOUSE as safe and enjoyable as possible, the HOUSE Team has put the following programs and guidelines in place.
HOUSE Advisor Program
Our goal at HOUSE is to continually evolve the HOUSE Community through planned programs (social, recreational and community oriented), peer support and community outreach.
The HOUSE Advisors are employees of Whistler Blackcomb who have been selected, hired and trained by the HOUSE Department to help assist you in your transition to the company and to the beautiful community of Whistler. The HOUSE Advisors are live-in staff members who are available and on-call to help you with any questions or concerns that may arise during your season with Whistler Blackcomb. The HOUSE Advisors are also authorised to take appropriate action in representing the standards of HOUSE and Whistler Blackcomb. They are here to help protect the welfare of all residents.
The Whistler Committee Services Outreach Workers conduct office hours at the HOUSE Office on a weekly basis. They are available by appointment or drop in. Outreach Workers provide free confidential support for young adults. Some of the challenges that they assist people with are drug and alcohol misuse, employment, eating disorders, relationship violence, roommate conflict, mental health or homesickness.
18 Below Dinner Program: 5:30 - 6:30pm every night
The 18 Below Dinner Program is open to all Whistler Blackcomb staff.
- $7 per meal.
- Cash, Debit or Credit Card are accepted as payment options.
- Mixed menu - to be announced via Facebook, great value and a good, healthy meal, always with a veggie option.
- Let us know if there are other dietary concerns and the chef will attempt to accommodate you.
- Special theme nights will take place throughout the season.
- This is a "not for profit" initiative that is intended to keep people fed and encourage a nice social atmosphere.
- House Advisors will be at every meal.