Before You Arrive
Remember, weather conditions can change rapidly. Please ensure that your child is equipped with the following and that all belongings are labeled:
- Come dressed and ready to ski or snowboard.
- Ensure that you are well rested and have eaten breakfast.
Pick up tickets and rentals prior to your first morning.
- neck gaitor
- goggles and/or sunglasses depending on the weather
- sunscreen and lip balm
- waterproof & insulated gloves, jacket and pants (sorry, we don't have clothing rentals for teens)
- long underwear and turtleneck
- warm dry socks
- A helmet. Helmets are available for rent and are included in our rental package but supply may be limited at peak times. Helmets are also available for purchase at our sport shops. Helmets are mandatory for all children ages 3-18 participating in our ski and snowboard programs.
You can pick up your rentals at our locations in Whistler Village, Creekside or Blackcomb Base from 10:00am - 2:00pm or from 3:30pm - 4:30pm. After hours, please visit our Snow School Sales Centre at the Carleton Lodge open daily until 6pm November 22nd to December 13th and then daily until 8pm from December 14th to March 31st, 6pm April 1st to 21st. For guests booked at Blackcomb, the Blackcomb Daylodge will also be open until 5pm for equipment and ticket pick-up.
- If you are picking up tickets and rentals on your first morning, plan to arrive at 8:00 am.
- If your child has tickets and equipment, please arrive between 8:15 am and 8.30 am lessons start at 8:45am.
Patio of the Garibaldi Lift Company (GLC) in Whistler Village.
You will spend the day with your instructor learning new skills, exploring the mountains and having a ton of fun. Lessons alternate between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains so you will have a chance to explore all the terrain available to your level. Please note beginner skiers and riders may spend more time on one mountain depending on the type of terrain that is suitable.
If you have special dietary requirements please discuss them with our sales hosts when making your reservation and again when you arrive. Lunch vouchers are included in the price of the program and can be used at any of our mountain restaurants for most products. Your instructor will take you to the most accessible restaurant each day. Lunch is normally around 11.15 each day to beat the rush. Your instructor can let you know where you will be eating at the start of each lesson.
Actual time on snow will vary depending on weather conditions the groups ability and stamina. Some groups will take a quick 30 minute lunch with no breaks and others will take more frequent breaks throughout the day.
End of the Day
Groups return to the Essentially Blackcomb deck (Whistler Village) by 3:30pm. Teens can sign themselves out at this time. Whistler Village can be confusing to find to find your way around, if you are new to the area or unsure how to get back to your hotel please arrange to meet your parents at patio at the end of the day.