- All Lodging
- Resort Maps
- Featured Properties
- Why Book With Us?
- Last Minute Hotel Deals
- FREE Vacation Guide
Reduce, Re-use and Recycle
Our Food and Beverage Division is working to reduce packaging at the source through installing new food display and storage options to reduce the need for wrapping items, and including reusable cups, dishes and cutlery at all restaurant locations. In other divisions, we are working to reduce our paper consumption by 10%. Our Employee Experience Division has reduced paper on waivers and other documents and has foregone the printing of 3,000 employee handbooks per year by providing the information on line.
Whistler Blackcomb operates a mountain materials exchange (MMEX) where usable items that are no longer needed for operations are taken and can be reused for free. The MMEX is the distribution centre for office and kitchen supplies, furniture and ski equipment. In 2009, Whistler Blackcomb partnered with Coca Cola and Seattle's Best Coffee to provide reusable beverage containers at mountain restaurants.
Recycling and composting
Our composting program has expanded to all of our larger on-mountain restaurants. We are fortunate to have access to in-vessel composting, allowing us to composting meat, bones, paper and all other organics. This has helped us to reduce our waste per guest visit by 42% in 2009. We have had a comprehensive recycling program for many years. we recycle all materials accepted in the sea to sky corridor and ship other recyclable items to the lower mainland.
Our Recycling List:
- All types of office paper, catalogues, books, business cards,
- Boxes and paper packaging
- All plastics with identification numbers 1 through 7
- Plastic bags, sleeves, food wrappers and cup lids
- Polystyrene containers
- Tin, aluminum and glass
- All beverage containers including milk jugs, cans and bottles and
- Tetra paks
- Cardboard boxes and packaging and egg cartons
- Electronics, computers, print supplies, batteries and peripherals
- Rubber tires and tubes
- Light bulbs and batteries
- Wood waste and pallets
- Laluminum and other metals, including ski poles
- Waste motor oil
- Anti freeze
- Waste cooking grease