- Deals & Packages
- Summer Early Booking
- Last Minute Hotel Deals
- Peak Deals
- PEAK 2 PEAK Tickets
- All Tickets & Passes
THE BLACKCOMB ASCENT TRAILS
The third trail 'Heart Burn' will open Summer 2017.
These trails have been designed to showcase the beauty and diversity of Blackcomb Mountain while offering an exhilarating uphill hike with the option to download using our lift system. This allows guests to maximize the health benefits of a continuous uphill climb while avoiding the pounding of downhill hiking. says Arthur De Jong, Mountain Planning and Environmental Resource Manager at Whistler Blackcomb
Blackcomb Ascent Download Only Ticket $15
- Hike to the top of the WIZARD EXPRESS or SOLAR COASTER EXPRESS and download
- Hike to the top of WIZARD EXPRESS or SOLAR COASTER EXPRESS and hike back down (Ascent -> Descent)
Blackcomb Ascent Trail Ticket $30
- Hike to the top of the WIZARD EXPRESS, upload SOLAR COASTER EXPRESS and download
- Hike to the top of the WIZARD EXPRESS, hike/upload to the top of SOLAR COASTER EXPRESS, Ride the PEAK 2 PEAK GONDOLA and download the WHISTLER
Blackcomb Ascent Trails Lift Tickets must be purchased in advance at Guest Services. Tickets are not available to purchase on mountain.
- Summer 2017 PEAK 2 PEAK 360 Ticket & Passholders
- Winter 2016.17 Unlimited Passholders
- Winter 2017.18 Unlimited Passholders
- Summer 2017 Bike Park Passholders
Little Burn and Big Burn
June 17 – Sept 4 * Dependent on weather and conditions
July 1 – Sept 4 * Dependent on weather and conditions
Sept. 4th is the last day with download access available via Wizard or Solar Coaster Express Chairs.
Access to download via Peak 2 Peak Gondola & Whistler Village Gondola during lift hours.
Open Daily Sept. 5 – 17
Weekends only Sept. 18 - Oct 9
Hikers will need to complete all three Burns before the lifts close to access lifts for download.
- Never hike alone.
- Be prepared. Mountain weather changes frequently so carry extra clothing.
- Observe all closures. Stay on marked trails to avoid damage to the alpine ecosystem.
- Treat all wildlife with caution. Do not feed or approach bears.
- Carry water, a snack, sunscreen and a watch. Make note of the last ride down (5pm).
- No hiking permitted in the Bike Park.
- No fires, dogs or camping allowed.
Infants/toddlers can be taken on a chairlift (excluding PEAK CHAIR) if they are strapped securely to the parent’s body in a sling, snugly or front carrier. Backpack carriers are not permitted.
- Due to fire and environmental concerns, smoking is not permitted anywhere on Whistler Blackcomb property.
The slopes of Whistler Blackcomb provide the perfect environment for black bears.
- If you see a bear, do not approach him/her. Give the bear time to get away or if he/she approaches, back away slowly.
- While hiking, make a noise occasionally or wear a bell to help prevent surprising an animal.
- Never litter, even biodegradable items such as fruit peels. It only attracts bears and gets them into trouble. These days, bears need our respect and support more than ever, so we can share the mountains with them for generations to come.