- All Lodging
- Resort Maps
- Last Minute Hotel Deals
- Featured Properties
- Whistler Hotels
- Vacation Rentals
PARK 101APRIL 8, 2017
You’ve probably already heard about our parks – with a super pipe, a snow cross track, five park runs and a variety of jumps, boxes and natural jibs – they’ve been stacking up the awards and accolades since 1994. But the Parks at Whistler Blackcomb are not all about big air and handrails. Our progressive features are rated from extra small (XS) to extra large (XL) – so that everyone, no matter their ability, can get a taste of what makes the Park so special.
On April 8, 2017, we are proud to offer a new program call Park 101. This program is intended for skiers and riders who have very little experience riding jumps or Terrain Park features. Let our team of experienced coaches show you the basics of Park 101 with a maximum of 4 in your class. Take your riding to the next level!
What to Expect
- Learn the basics of Park Etiquette.
- Jump fundamentals. Start with some basic straight airs, common grabs, and basic spins.
- Basic jibs. Learn how to 50-50 boxes and other entry-level features. Depending on progression, board slides may also be introduced by your coach.
- Optional intro to half-pipe riding on Blackcomb (based on group interest).
- If this is your first time in the terrain park or want want the confidence to try small park features, Park 101 is for you.
Need to Know Details
When: April 8 only
Price: $50 plus applicable taxes
Time: 10:00am – 3:00 pm
Ages: Participants must be at least 19 years of age
Ability: Able to ski or ride blue runs. Check our ability charts, minimum Level 4.
Meeting Location: Showcase Snowboards
Après: Presented by Merlin’s Bar and Grill
Lift Ticket Required: A valid lift ticket or pass is required to participate in this program.
Equipment Rentals: Ski or Snowboard Rentals are available at any Whistler Blackcomb Rentals location.
Registration for Park 101 opens March 25, 2017. Booking will be available through this page or by calling 1.888.403.4727
April 8th only. You will be required to enter a credit card during the booking process to purchase your $50 package.