Dusty's Bar & BBQThere’s a reason it’s been a local staple for decades.
When we say Dusty’s is full of legend and lore, we aren’t kidding. Dusty’s Bar & BBQ was named after Dusty, a stuffed horse that rode into Whistler in 1979 in the back of a pick-up. He was placed in the bar and for almost a decade, watched over the regulars as they partied the nights away. One full moon Friday, legend has it a female partier stripped totally naked and jumped on Dusty’s back. Dusty bucked into life, burst through the bar doors, shook the shocked nude into a snowbank and galloped off into the night, never to be seen again. The moral of the story? This is a place that will put the Wild back into your West.
Home to those who call Whistler home and home of the Bull's-Eye Canadian National BBQ Championships.
Located in Creekside where Whistler all began, this is where locals and long time visitors meet up and swap stories of secret stashes. Setting high standards for perfectly seasoned BBQ, Dusty’s offers great food in a western saloon style restaurant constructed from materials of the original building. A family friendly setting until 8 pm, when nighttime hits, put the kids to bed and head on down for the kind of night out that sees locals let loose and newcomers singing along to the live band while toasting to another epic day of playing in the mountains.
Dusty’s Bar: 11a.m. until 1 a.m. (Kids Welcome 'till 10pm)
Dusty’s Backside: 7 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Our ears are burning, and it’s not from the BBQ flames.
Word’s been spreading around these parts (and others) about Dusty’s. Take a look at what people have been saying.
- Before all the fancy hotels and upscale restaurants, there was Dusty's, an unassuming little place in what is now known as Creekside. The original building has been demolished, but luckily the food didn't change and the regulars kept coming back. One of those places where people stop in for a barbecue beef sandwich and end up staying for a few hours, drinking beer with the locals. Dusty's "Backside" (out back) is open for breakfast and to-go lunches.”10best.com
- Dusty’s was voted Whistler’s best Apres for two years running and they don’t just cater to the “post skiing” crowd. You can enjoy lunch or dinner at Dusty’s and don’t be shocked if you spend a late night at this watering hole. unofficialnetworks.com
- This huge bar offers great outdoor space and plenty of room inside to play pool and shoot darts during the day. Dusty's often hosts great concerts inside on its big stage. I highly recommend you catch a show there if you can the cool upstairs balcony allows you watch the show with a birdseye view. Dusty's also features some of if not the best pub food in town. Well known for their epic BBQ competitions every year Dusty's make a mean burger for everyone's tastes. If you find yourself in Whistler's Creekside head on over to Dusty's for a pint and a burger. lodgingovations.com
Barbecue is neither art nor science, barbecue is passion. Cuts of meat rubbed with secret spices, slathered with sauce good enough to drink straight from the bottle and then cooked slow 'n’ low; that’s how Dusty’s BBQ is prepared by our team of BBQ professionals. And by professionals, we mean professionals. In fact, the Dusty’s BBQ team went on a 30 restaurant, 9-meal-a-day tour of the southern U.S. in search of the secrets of BBQ. Taste for yourself the difference going the extra mile makes.
Group Event Planning
Located on the original Whistler townsite - Whistler's Creekside - Dusty's Bar & BBQ is home to the locals' après-ski scene. Dusty's is going to be famous for years to come, as it is the venue right at the base of the Dave Murray Downhill where the 2010 Olympic Alpine Skiing Events finished. It's rustic interior, 'down home' interior, made from the beams and wood from the original Dusty's, to the picnic table seating, and live music stage, this venue has it all. The open centered mezzanine over looks the main floor. Have guests up and down stairs, and everyone is still a part of the party. Atmosphere Re-built in 2000, Dusty's Bar & BBQ feels like a classic western ski lodge.
The design and decor include:
- Whistler's sunniest and largest patios
- golden wood walls, floors, ceilings and furniture
- cozy interior fireplace as well as an exterior outdoor fireplace on the upper deck
- antique mountain décor
- large "garage door" style windows that roll up in warm weather to allow the outside in
- custom-made signage
|DUSTY'S ROOMS||SEATED CAPACITY||APPROXIMATE AREA|
|Dusty's Downstairs||145||1st Floor 5600 sq. ft|
|Mezzanine||80||Mezzanine 1800 sq. ft|
Taking care of all your equipment is important, especially your body. Whistler Blackcomb offers a variety of healthy dining options on both mountains so you get the high quality energy you need to make it from first to the last chair. Take a look below to see what nutritional options this restaurant has to offer:
Plan your next event in a place that’s as iconic as it is comfortable.
Dusty’s is a legendary ski lodge in Whistler, BC that’s been renovated and upgraded without sacrificing it’s character or roots. Located at the foot of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Downhill course in Creekside, it offers easy access from the Creekside base. It’s rustic interior is made from refurbished beams and wood from the original building and the venue offers picnic table seating, wide open space, musical stage, friendly, upbeat staff and free parking to make things as enjoyable and easy as possible for your guests. An open-centered mezzanine overlooks the main floor so everybody can take part of the action from anywhere in the building.
Our Event Professionals are happy to discuss and work with your budget and theme, and can offer an experienced skilled catering team, locally-inspired menu, creative décor and activation specialists. If you’re looking to book Dusty’s for a show, event, party, band or DJ, get in touch with our venue managers.
Artists & Promoters firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Planners & Organizers email@example.com