- All Lodging
- Resort Maps
- Last Minute Hotel Deals
- Featured Properties
- Whistler Hotels
- Vacation Rentals
Garibaldi Lift Co. Bar & GrillWhere Après is Considered an Artform
The GLC offers the perfect view of the Bike Park’s infamous GLC drops, (a trio of cliff drops to a dirt landing pad), the patio is an all-season Mecca for those in the know - that is, those who know that every day should end with beers, tall tales and the potential of a viewing spectacular bail from the riders and skiers charging down their final run. Kid-friendly until 8pm, the GLC is open every day from 11am 'til late, and is the rallying point for those kicking off an evening out in Whistler and the after-dark crowd who appreciate above-ground ambience and serious soundscapes.
Keep the fun going way after the last run.Hailed as one of the top 10 après experiences in the world, the GLC is Whistler’s social heart, where day meets night, where the freshly-coiffed spa-goer meets the hat-headed rider, where tall tales and magic moments come together, over fresh DJ sets, live music or masterfully curated playlists. An intimate venue for some of the best music acts to play the West Coast, the GLC fuels fun as much as it feeds appetites with a variety of dishes such as flatbreads, pastas, sandwiches and salads, and shareable appetizers that are as well-matched to a communal pitcher as top-shelf cocktails.
Daily 11am-1am. (Kids Welcome 'till 10pm)
The buzz on getting your buzz on at the GLC.
It’s no secret that The GLC is an awesome place to relax, grab something to eat, have a drink or warm up by the massive fireplace. Take a look to see the press it’s been getting.
- Best Patio, Winner of Best of Whistler 5 years in a row, 2011 - 2016, in Pique Newsmagazine. “The massive patio is idyllic on a bluebird day, when you can watch skiers cruise down the slopes of the mountain.”
- Best Après, Winner of Best of Whistler 4 years in a row, 2012 - 2016, in Pique Newsmagazine. “ After a long day on the mountain all you want is a relaxed place to kick back, unwind and regroup before doing it all over again. Ask a Whistlerite for the best après spot and, chances are, they'll point you towards The GLC. ”
- Best Place to See Live Music, Winner of Best of Whistler 2012 - 2014 and 2016, Pique. “The acoustics in the room are great and there's a lot of great sightlines. There's not a bad seat in the house.”
- Coolest staff, Best of Whistler 2012, Pique Newsmagazine. “...they're people who love the jobs they do. They love having fun at work and they let that spill over to the people they serve every day. ”
- The Garibaldi Lift Company, known as the GLC, is the place to kick off your Langes and slug a frothy brew. Located at the base of the Whistler Village gondola, it’s got a sprawling patio, a fireplace to warm your wet gear, and most importantly a big-ass bar.” Skinet.com >
- The closest bar to the slopes (watch the powder-mad geeks on Whistler Mountain slide to a halt from the patio) the rock-lined GLC is a reliable après-ski hangout for a big burger and a Kootenay Mountain Ale." Lonelyplanet.com >
- "10 Best Après Ski Patios." ski.curbed.com >
Your taste buds will give thanks.
A menu for the casual gourmand, The GLC takes classic pub favorites and turns quality and flavor up a notch. Mouth watering morsels like our famous nachos, Chicken T&A or butter chicken poutine are designed for sharing - an activity that can get physical when there’s just one piece left. Fill up on one of our flavour packed sandwiches like The GLC Burger, made with only premium ingredients.
WBVOD - The Reel Whistler Blackcomb (Feb 13, 2015)
Our friends at Garibaldi Lift Co (GLC) - Whistler shared their recipe for the "Perfect Caesar" in today's tasty #WBVOD: What's your favourite apres ski bevi?Video shot: With 100% GoPro (Feb 13, 2015) #GoPro Hero 4Posted by Whistler Blackcomb on Friday, 13 February 2015
Group Event Planning
Rated one of North America's best apres bars by SKI magazine, the GLC is a great choice for groups that are looking for a sophisticated lounge style of restaurant. Just steps away from the Village gondolas, and overlooking the base of Whistler mountain, the GLC is an excellent place for "relaxed excitement." Renowned for it's three large patios and terrific ambience, the GLC is a fantastic venue within easy walking distance from all major Whistler hotels.
The GLC is a sophisticated synthesis of a lounge, a restaurant and a club. Its design and decor is subtle and organic and includes:
- Large mountain-facing patios
- A large interior stone fireplace
- A large, mountain-facing patio
- A stone hearth
- Floor to ceiling windows
- Earth-tone floors and upholstery
- Rich wood tables and banisters
- Vintage black and white photos
- Custom-made signage
- Wrought-iron chandeliers and railings
|Seated||140||GLC 2800 sq. ft|
Make your event one for the books.
With our large patio, fire place and adjustable stage area, the GLC easily morphs into anything from high end gala to legendary all night party or concert. Our Event Professionals are happy to discuss and work with your budget and theme, and can offer an experienced skilled catering team, locally inspired menu, creative décor and activation specialists. If you’re looking to book GLC for a show, event, party, band or DJ, get in touch with our venue managers.
Artists & Promoters email@example.com
Event Planners & Organizers firstname.lastname@example.org